Welcome to Grapevine Getaway.
Cozy, quaint, and on the waterfront of Riley's Bay.
When in season, pick fresh grapes right off the vine. Paired well with your favorite Door County Wine...
C'mon in. Stay a while.
Ethereal backyard. Take a nap in the hammock. Have a fire. Launch the kayaks or go for a swim.
While there are two indoor bathrooms... try washing off in our amazing outdoor shower.
Look onto the bay as you brew tea, or make breakfast.
Equipped kitchen with brand new butcher's block counters and lots of natural light.
Coffee station for the perfect cup in the morning.
Wake up or end your day to this view when you stay with us.
Private pier. Launch the yaks, swim, fish, and sunbathe!
A magic garden of lush greenery.
Lots of places to kick back and relax, play games, and have a fire in the backyard!
Sunroom looking out to the bay
Bedroom 1 with a queen bed.
Bedroom 2 with a pull-out.
Sitting area that converts to the second bedroom (and closes with a farm door for privacy)
The shed where we keep the kayaks and other outdoor gear!
Gorgeous colors can be experiences in all seasons.
Tub and shower combo in the bathroom.
Even on a rainy day - the bay is gorgeous.
Welcome to Grapevine Getaway, a waterfront cottage with 100 feet of frontage on Riley's Bay.
This unique and ethereal home is tucked away in the woods in Sturgeon Bay, Door County. While it is only a few miles from the hustle and bustle of downtown - you will find peace and serenity during your stay.
We are pet and family friendly. We include child and baby supplies such as a highchair, pack 'n play, kids dishes and silverware, plus more. We also include dog bowls, a dog bed, and a dog crate. Bring your little ones and your furry friends. All are welcome at Grapevine!
We have two bedrooms. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and an en suite bathroom. The second bedroom (which is a living area that converts to a bedroom with a farm door for privacy) has a full-size sleeper sofa.
We provide all linens, blankets, and towels for each guest during their stay. No need to bring your own.
The main living area has huge windows that bring in tons of natural light, a couch and chairs to relax on, a TV, and a wood burning fireplace. The second living area has another couch and a TV, and it actually converts to the second bedroom. A custom farm door can be used to close it off for privacy! Then there is the sunroom, boasting white shiplap, tons of windows with gorgeous natural light and views of the water, and a table plus seating to enjoy your morning cup of coffee.
A full bathroom with a tub and shower combination is connected to the master bedroom, a half bathroom in the main living space, plus a totally private outdoor shower that can be used when it’s warm outside!
You will have access to the entire property, including the front and back yard. The front yard has lots of space to enjoy the lush greenery and gardens. The secluded, waterfront back yard has tons of opportunity for adventure and relaxation alike. We have a patio covered by a pergola – with a grape vine draping over. Pick the grapes and enjoy when in season! A firepit with seating right by the water is perfect for roasting s’mores. There is a hammock between two gorgeous trees – take an afternoon nap or curl up with your favorite book. A pier is installed during the summer months (end of May through end of September.) We have dredged out a lane so you dock boats or jetskis.
Our coveted “Adventure Shed” includes a tandem kayak, a row boat, and a stand-up paddle board. We include life jackets for all ages. You will also find fishing poles & gear, coolers, bikes with helmets, and outdoor games! You will also find a grill in the backyard to make your favorite meals! All of these items are free for you to use during your stay. Make sure to let us know if you have a little adventure of your own!
Easy access to everything Door County has to offer including hiking, biking, golf, water sports, shopping, & festivals.
- Located right on Riley’s Bay
- 7 minutes to Potawatomi State Park & sand beaches
- 8 minutes to Idlewild Golf Club
- 15 minutes to Downtown Sturgeon Bay
- 45 minutes to Fish Creek and Peninsula State Park
WINTER ACTIVITIES NEARBY:
1. Amazing ice fishing in Sturgeon Bay and 50 yards off the front of the cottage! Have tips going while you drink hot chocolate!
2. Sturgeon Bay Ice Skating Rink - FREE - (307 S. 14th Ave., Sturgeon Bay)
3. Tons of hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing trails at Potawatomi State Park and "Crossroads at Big Creek" (2041 Michigan St, Sturgeon Bay)
4. FREE sledding at Big Hill Park (1509 Division Rd, Sturgeon Bay) or Incinerator Hill (1509 Division Rd, Sturgeon Bay)
- The cleaning fee is to prepare the home for your arrival. Including laundering of all beds, sanitation and disinfection of with shower, toilets, and floor mats, and laundering of towels all for every guest. The cleaning fee covers the proper sanitation stands of COVID-19 for mopping and vacuuming floors, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- The cleaning fee is NOT to clean up after you or any events you have on site. The cleaning fee does not cover to dirty dishes, stains, or other damages caused by you and your guests. Items left out from the Adventure Shed is also NOT covered by the cleaning fee.
- Our cleaners typically only have a few hours after drive time to clean the entire property, and requires 2 people to clean in short of a window of time to keep the property up to our cleaning standard. Please, upon check-out, do not leave the property in shambles “because you pay a cleaning fee”. You will incur additional charges if there are stains and messes beyond a standard cleaning time, if you break or damage items, or if you fail to return items you use back to the original storage areas. Thank you for respecting our home, as our families put our heart and souls into our vacation rentals.
# OF GUESTS: Our maximum capacity is 4 guests, plus a maximum of two dogs. No unauthorized guests can be allowed onsite.
PET POLICY: Dogs can be allowed with prior approval by management. There is a pet fee of $50 per day, per dog. Absolutely no cats because we have allergic family members.
If you bring a dog(s):
1. Please do not allow them on the furniture
2. Accidents happen but please disinfect immediately and clean completely.
3. Clean up after your dog on the outside yard and toss in the garbage.
4. We ask that if your dog does bark a lot to not bring them. We need to be respectful to our neighbors trying to enjoy their cottages.
5. If your pet does damage something please let us know.
6. If your dog has a history of peeing inside, please do not bring them.
7. If your dog has a history of biting, they are not allowed on the property whatsoever, and we do not take any liability for issues.
8. Please crate your dog(s) if you leave them unattended or leave the cottage without bringing them along.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- We have amazing neighbor's but please do not go onto their property.
- We do not provide firewood or charcoal. There are tons of locations nearby to get firewood though!
- Local noise ordinance states quiet time is to be observed between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
-Please leave the inside lights OFF at night when sleeping. If lights are left on, on tiny (but harmless) lake flies get attracted to the light and find their way into the screens & windows. Most neighbors on the water have the same issue. Just giving you the heads up about leaving lights off at night to prevent the little buggers from getting in.
- We provide wifi through Door County Broadband. It is high-speed most of the time, but Door County is infamous for outages and slower speeds can happen sometimes.- Absolutely no smoking inside the cabin. You can smoke on the patio but please keep the area clean of used cigarettes.
- Do not play on or move the break-wall rocks along the bay.
- Be careful jumping into the water. There is high and low tide that changes the depth. So don’t dive off the dock. If you’d like to swim, we recommend using water shoes to protect your feet from the pebbles and rocks that are close to shore.
- We attempt to ensure every effort is made to assure the accuracy of this ad, however, errors may occur. We will do our best to keep all information current and accurate. Sometimes things outside the homeowner’s control may happen and if they do the homeowner will attempt to resolve them, but is not liable.
MANAGEMENT: Grapevine Getaway on Riley’s Bay is managed by Little Adventure Vacation Rentals LLC and takes no liability for damage caused by you or your guests. Or local, state, or federal violations caused by your party.