Adventure Cottage - Rustic Charm on Sand Bay Point
Size –3 Bedrooms • 1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 1-6
Adventure Cottage is located right on the water on beautiful and secluded Sand Bay Point. Relax on one of 4 outdoor patios or enjoy "The Adventure Shed" which is full of kayaks, fishing gear, bikes, strollers, & games! Our pier stretches way out into the the bay and has huge panoramic "Hawaii-like" views. Adventure Cottage is on a huge 1-acre lot, has 101 feet of water frontage, and is tucked 300 feet back in the woods with no road visibility. We are child & dog-friendly for family fun!
This is a rustic cottage with tons of character and charm! It's not perfect, but it will be perfect for your group if you like to have fun and enjoy everything we have to offer! **Exterior renovations planned for Fall of 2022**
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: We have 3 cozy bedrooms with 6 beds and 1 futon. Bedroom #1 is with a king bed overlooking the bay, Bedroom #2 is with a queen bed, and Bedroom #3 has a bunk bed of twin over twin beds and another bunk bed of full over full beds. There is also a large pack-n-play in the closet for babies to sleep in. Then in the living room there is a nice leather full sofa sleeper that folds down. The rooms are all fitted with a dark-out curtain for those that want their sleep! Comfortably sleeps up to 6 people!
We do provide all the linens, quilts, pillows for all of the beds. As well as at least one towel per guest as well. We have had the request for guests to bring a camper or tents. We will allow that but there is a charge of $50/night for a camper and $25/night for a tent.
"THE ADVENTURE SHED" is our detached garage that is full of items so your family and friends can have endless adventures together. Including 10 bikes of all sizes and a tandem bike (10 bike helmets), 6 kayaks, 10 life jackets of all sizes, washer board games, bags sets, fire pits, tons of lawn chairs, coolers, footballs, frisbees, charcoal grill, 12 fishing poles and light tackle to use, table to play poker in the garage, and so much more.
Adventure Cottage overlooks one of the hottest fishing spots in all of Door County - Larsen's Reef in Sand Bay! We also have a 40 foot dock to enjoy as well (dock is in season late May through mid September.)
OUTDOOR PATIOS: Enjoy amazing sunrises and sunsets on the 4 outdoor private patios that Adventure Cottage provides:
1. When driving up on the Cottage there is a concrete brick patio with pergola overlooking the secluded backyard.
2. Screened in porch in the back of the cottage facing the back yard.
3. Attached wood deck that is facing Sand Bay
4. Concrete patio that is right on the water's edge with a 180 degree view of Sand Bay.
LOCATION: Easy access to everything Door County has to offer including hiking, biking, golf, water sports, shopping, & festivals.
- Located right on Sand Bay Point and feet from the shores of Sand Bay
- 7 minutes to Potawatomi State Park & sand beaches
- 8 minutes to Idlewild Golf Club
- 15 minutes to Downtown Sturgeon Bay
- 45 minutes to Fish Creek and Peninsula State Park
WINTER ACTIVITIES NEARBY:
1. Amazing ice fishing in Sturgeon Bay and 50 yards off the front of the cottage! Have tips going while you drink hot chocolate!
2. Sturgeon Bay Ice Skating Rink - FREE - (307 S. 14th Ave., Sturgeon Bay).
3. Tons of hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing trails at Potawatomi State Park and "Crossroads at Big Creek" (2041 Michigan St, Sturgeon Bay)
4. FREE sledding at Big Hill Park (1509 Division Rd, Sturgeon Bay) or Incinerator Hill (1509 Division Rd, Sturgeon Bay)
Cleaning dishes, pots, utensils as well as the grills used during your stay is responsibility of guests. Our cleaners and the cleaning fee is NOT to clean those items.
- The cleaning fee is to prepare the home for your arrival. Including laundering of all beds, sanitation and disinfection of with shower, toilets, and floor mats, and laundering of towels all for every guest. The cleaning fee is covers the proper sanitation stands of COVID-19 for mopping and vacuuming floors, kitchens, and bathrooms. The cleaning fee also includes a quick check of items, buying and stocking essential items for your stay.
- The cleaning fee is NOT to clean up after you or any events you have on site. The cleaning fee does NOT cover to dirty dishes, stains, or other damages caused by you and your guests. Items left out from the Adventure Shed is also NOT covered by the cleaning fee.
- Our cleaners typically only have a few hours after drive time to clean the entire property, and requires 2 people to clean in short of a window of time to keep the property up to our cleaning standard. Please, upon check-out, do not leave the property in shambles “because you pay a cleaning fee”. You will incur additional charges if there are stains and messes beyond a standard cleaning time, if you break or damage items, or if you fail to return items you use back to the original storage areas. Our families put our heart and souls into our vacation rentals, PLEASE be respectful of the property.
Dogs can be allowed with prior approval and at $50 a day per dog. Absolutely no cats because we have allergic family members. If you bring a dog:
1. Please do not allow them on the furniture
2. Accidents happen but please disinfect immediately and clean completely.
3. Clean up after your dog on the outside yard and toss in the garbage.
4. We ask that if your dog does bark a lot to not bring them. So we can be respectful to our neighbors trying to enjoy their cottages.
5. If your pet does damage something please let us know.
6. If your dog has a history of peeing inside please do not bring them.
7. If your dog has a history of biting they are not allowed on the property whatsoever, and we do not take any liability for issues.
8. Please either tie dogs up or crate them if you leave for the day so they don’t have accidents inside.
9. Dogs must be on leash at all times when outside. Our neighbors have dogs and we do not want any fights to occur.
Water & food dishes, dog leashes, one dog bed, and outdoor run cable & stake, plus crates are all provided for you to use during your stay.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- We have amazing neighbor's but please do not go onto our neighbor's beach to the west. We have our own pebble beach to swim and launch kayaks.
- We do not provide firewood or charcoal. The propane grill is connect to the house line, so we provide propane. There are tons of locations nearby to get firewood though!
- PLEASE be respectful of the neighbors for noise and outdoor lights on at night. Noise ordinance between 10pm and 8am.
- No illegal activity including no drugs and no underage drinking.
- Try and leave the inside lights OFF at night when sleeping. Because if you leave lights on tiny (but harmless) lake flies get attracted to that and find their way into the screens/windows. Most neighbors on the water have the same issue. Just giving you the heads up about leaving lights off at night to prevent the little buggers from getting in.
- The wifi is now with Door County Broadband is very reliable and high-speed.
- Absolutely no smoking inside the cabin. You can smoke on the patio but please keep the area clean of used cigarettes.
- No glitter or confetti inside the property and please try and keep sand/water out.
- Please try and keep the noise down late at night and be respectful of neighbors. It is a secluded area, have fun for sure, just be smart with the noise please.
- Our dock/pier in the photo is normally put in between late May and mid September.
- Do NOT play on or move the break-wall rocks along the bay. That is a hazard. There is a pebble beach to the side of the rock wall and is perfect for kids to play in. Plus do not use the neighbor's beach. The concrete pad is the furthest west we own.
- Be careful jumping into the water. There is high and low tide that changes the depth. So don’t dive off the dock.
- We attempt to ensure every effort is made to assure the accuracy of this ad, however, errors may occur. We will do our best to keep all information current and accurate. Sometimes things outside the homeowners control may happen and if they do the homeowner will attempt to resolve them, but is not liable.
- No refunds of any kind will be issued due to things outside of our control. Thank you for your understanding.
"Adventure Cottage" on Sand Bay Point in Door County is managed by Little Adventure Vacation Rentals LLC and takes no liability for damage caused by you or your guests. Or local, state, or federal violations caused by your party. Adventure Cottages is registered with the Door County Tourism Zone.
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
1/1 - 12/31
1/15 - 4/15
|$114 - $193||$135 - $202||
4/16 - 5/28
|$149 - $262||$187 - $313||
5/29 - 9/7
|$213 - $819||$281 - $819||
9/8 - 10/31
|$152 - $312||$184 - $321||
11/1 - 1/14
|$77 - $200||$89 - $211||
Cancellation Policy: Ninety-seven percent (97.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 60 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.